20 March 2009

How Long


I've noticed that when you want something, the wait is unbearable! I wrote in my previous blog about being accepted to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA). Earlier this month I got my acceptance letter and I was floored! I had to audition for the school which put me in the 'zone'. Basically immersing myself in the two plays I chose the monologues from. For my audition, I performed Salome by Oscar Wilde(who I love) and an excerpt from The Colored Museum. When I got to the audition, I was a bundle of nerves! I had everything down packed, but I wasn't sure if I would do well. It had been years since I auditioned for anything and I was basically not myself. But according to the director, I did quite well... Even though I flubbed a few lines...

So, here it is the 20th of March and I'm still trying to get my wits about myself! You know how it it why you want something so badly you can taste it and it leaves its memory in your mouth? Well, that's how I am right now. I've always wanted to be an actor, but for many years I was told I wasn't the right 'type'. And I hate typecasting!! I was either too short, too big, etc.. And then life happed(the birth of my son) and I still kept coming back to it. I want to be able to live my dream, cause it seems that I can't do anything else...lol I would love to attend the school. To get experience as well. That's why I started my donation drive. I rarely admit to needing help cause I was raised to do it on my own. But then my pride knocked me down to the floor and the floor was dirty!! *gags*

I start in July, if everything works out. Been in contacts with a couple of people about having somewhere to stay for the duration. When I got accepted, my first thought was, damn where am I gonna live? See, I used to live in Chula Vista with my dad and when he passed in 2007, I literally had noone else I knew outside Illinois. I didn't know his friends very well and I'm not the type to go hey! i'm so and so's relation do this or something. That's not me. So I got the idea from my friends at Twifessions because they are raising money to go to TWICON this summer (good luck girls and remember my Jackson autograph!! LOL). I even did a You Tube video about it! I pretty much am out of ideas. I just know that if I don't go, I'm gonna regret it and be misreable and heartbroken.. Kind of like Bella in New Moon when Edward left her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share..Comment..You know you want to.....