21 December 2009

Tragedy in Hollywood


Actress Brittany Murphy passed away unexpectedly Sunday , December 20th, 2009 of an apparent heart attack.
She was 32 years old..

Murphy got her break as Taj in the 1995 movie, 'Clueless'. She has also appeared in 'Uptown Girls', '8 Mile', 'Sin City', 'The Groomsmen', 'Little Black Book', 'Just Married', 'Riding In Cars With Boys', 'Girl Interrupted', and a host of other films and television shows. She was also the voice of Luanne on Fox's 'King Of The Hill' and Gloria in the 2006 animated film, 'Happy Feet'; in which she also provided the singing voice.

At the time of her passing, Brittany had three movies in post production and two in pre-production.

I remember seeing her in Clueless and I thought she was hilarious as Tai, the skater-weed head tuned pet project of Cher and Dionne. She seemed real in her portrayal and in other films. As with the business, she slimmed down and at only 5'5", she looked tiny. When I was a teen, I looked up to a lot of young Hollywood actors because they were in my age group, good at their craft and making a name for themselves. Although we had different backgrounds, I saw her as someone who I could identify with.

Now let me state this.. When a young person dies, people want to know why. What shocked me was the vast amount of people via Twitter stating she died because of drugs or whatnot. I'm not saying if she did or didn't. I wouldn't know and you don't either. So far, the Los Angeles Coroner is stating natural causes. Personally, I think the Hollywood Ideal (you must be this small to be a successful actress) had something to do with it and her health was probably suffering. She quite possibly had other health issues as well. We do not know. But I will say this, young people die every day of heart attacks. Youth has nothing to do with it. We put a lot of stress on our bodies (women especially) to fit molds, gain acceptance, work, live, etc. that it can have a devastating affect on not only our psyches, but out bodies as well. I say let her rest in peace and leave the speculations in the trash! We have an economy, jobs, health-care, etc. to worry about.

My heart and condolences go out to her mother and her husband, her friends, and those who knew her best.

Rest In Peace Brittany... Tell Jonathan I said hi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share..Comment..You know you want to.....